Thursday, October 6, 2016

October 5, 2016

Hi Everyone!

Wow what an amazing week! So many things to talk about I dont know where to begin! This week was transfers of course and there are some pretty crazy stuff happening here! Unfortunately Elder Palmer is getting transfered to Huntington, West Virginia... He was SO much fun to be companions with but the Lord has plans for him in Huntington! So my new companions name is Elder Webber and he is actually currently serving in Clarksburg downtown right now so he doesnt have very far to go to come with me! Ha! Its kind of strange but it is going to be super fun! I will have pictures of us next week, I promise!

The other highlight of this week was General Conference! It was honestly so amazing! I took so many notes it feel like I was writing for 8 hours straight! Ha! One talk that I particularly loved and wanted to remind you all about was Elder Oaks talk about missionary work. That talk hit me really hard and I would encourage everyone to rewatch that talk because it is amazing! Missionary work is truly the most important thing we can do as members of this church! There is honestly so much joy in sharing the gospel with those around us! 

Another cool thing that happened this week was on Monday we were teaching one of our investigators named Kaleb who is actually the son of some members in the ward. He is 9 so he has to be taught the missionary lessons before he is baptized. But when we got to their house we found out that they have a cousin living with them who is a non-member and she is interested in learning about the church! We were able to teach her a little bit about the gospel and she is coming to church this Sunday! It was such a huge blessing because she is super solid! She even wants to get baptized! I love seeing how prepared people are, it makes me so happy! 

I am loving my mission and all the amazing memories I am making out here! Clarksburg is a really cool place and I really love talking to all these wonderful West Virginians! I hope everyone has a great week!

Elder Barazoto

No comments:

Post a Comment