Monday, May 23, 2016

May 23, 2016

Dear Family and Friends!

We had a super great week! Mainly because Sister Debbie French is getting ready to get baptized next Saturday! HURRAY!!! We had her baptismal interview 2 days ago and passed it with flying colors! She is probably one of the most prepared investigators for baptism I have ever met! She cant wait and even better than that is she is also looking forward to going to the temple! She is such a powerhouse! Ha! Yesterday at church, she was honestly so excited and was talking to everyone about it and was inviting everyone to come to her baptism! It was great! I love seeing her so excited to make this special covenant and I love seeing how the gospel has already brought a mighty change of heart in her life! Its going to be amazing!

Another person that Elder Maloy and I have been focusing on this week is Charlie! So Charlie was a referral from the YSA Elders who found him out on his porch! He told them that he wanted us to come by and teach him and also that he was reading his Book of Mormon that he already had! It was honestly such a golden referral! Our first lesson with him was amazing, he told us he knew the Book of Mormon was true and he asked us if he could come to church which has never happened to me on my mission before! It was so awesome!! Then we got a pretty strange call from him a day or 2 later about how he wasn't going to be able to come to church and that he didn't want to learn anymore... It was super sad, but we thankfully we able to set up another visit with him to see what had happened. At that visit he told us that a preacher from another church said all these bad things about us and the Book of Mormon and so that was why he didn't was to meet anymore so we just asked him to do one last thing before we would let him go and that was to ask God if what we were sharing was true. Last Saturday we went back to follow-up on that visit and what he told us was that he got an answer that it was all true, but he was still bothered by what the preacher had said. We read Moroni 7:13 with him and boldly taught him that we dont have to be afraid of what other people tell us, because God will never lead us astray! The Spirit was intense and he felt it because after that he was himself again! It was one of the most powerful testimony builders to me that I have experienced on my mission! I am so eternally grateful for the restored gospel of Jesus Christ and I know it is true! I love working with and teaching people about it because it brings me joy to testify of it! I love it!

Thank you all for being a support to me and helping me a lot in ways you could never imagine! I am honestly so blessed! :)

Elder Barazoto

No comments:

Post a Comment