Tuesday, May 3, 2016

May 2, 2016

Dear Family and Friends!

What a crazy, awesome week! So with transfers going on this week, we have been doing a lot of preparing and executing transfers! We had some missionaries, while waiting on their new companions, stay with Elder Maloy and I in Buena Vista and it was a lot of fun! Elder Maloy went with one and I went with the other and we "blitzed" our area for half the day! I was with an Elder name Elder Mena and he is so awesome! He came out a transfer after me and he is pretty solid! We first were able to teach this one lady who was taught by missionaries in the past and is so prepared for the gospel! She knows the Book of Mormon is true, she just has a few thing we need to figure out how to resolve and she will be so golden! Her grandma is already a member of the church that is somewhat less active right now, but we want to work with them both and help them both progress together! It should be awesome!

Another highlight of the week was on Saturday! We went and did service at a part-member family's house! They have a super cool looking home just outside the town and they also own a decent sized amount of land! They needed help with their garden and it was a really neat experience! The dad is not currently a member, but as we worked hard with him in the garden and we started to create a relationship with him that will help us bring him into the gospel! He has been to church a bunch of times, I think he just needs a little more of a desire to get baptized! But it was super fun doing some good manual labor and getting my hands dirty! It reminded me a lot of the ranch and how much I enjoyed seeing the results of my labors! I will always remember Grandpa teaching me that you dont have to enjoy work, but find satisfaction in doing the hard things! That has proven to be such a great lesson to me especially on my mission because there are A LOT of hard things on the mission, but when we find true joy and satisfaction in the work and have a good attitude about everything, the hard things are as hard especially as we rely on Christ and His merciful Atonement! It's amazing!

I have learned so much on my mission and feel like a completely different person. I think I probably look exactly the same, but I feel pretty different! Haha! I love serving and I know that this IS the greatest and most fulfilling work I can be apart of! This work is true and Jesus Christ has restored His gospel for which I am so grateful for! Teaching people and then seeing them grow in the gospel is the most amazing thing and I couldn't trade it for anything! I love you all and hope you all have a great week!

Elder Barazoto 

No comments:

Post a Comment