Monday, August 24, 2015

August 24, 2015

Hello Families and Friends!

Pretty awesome week! Last Tuesday we were asked to attend a funeral for someone in our ward. She was only about 27 and she passed pretty suddenly.. It was sad to see so many people mourn over her passing but even though it is hard to part ways with people during this life, we know that the Savior made it possible to overcome death and be reunited with our families! How amazing is that! A lot of people on earth need to hear that and that is why missionary work is so important! After the funeral, we went to this awesome slushie place on the side of the road. They make what looks like a slushie that you would get from sonic or something but they put ice cream in with it! I know Maddy is getting authentic Italian food in Italy, but this was pretty delicious! Haha! 
Wednesday was zone conference and that was a blast. We got a ride down to Charleston with someone from the ward and had a lot of fun talking with him and his life experiences. He is a Vietnam Veteran and has some pretty cool stories. He has worked on airplanes and even defused bombs! Zone conference took almost all day but it was so worth it. I have learned to love receiving instruction from leaders. Seeing how much President Salisbury cares about each and every one of the missionaries in the mission is amazing, but think about how much our Heavenly Father loves each and every one of us is even more amazing! 
The rest of the week was pretty slow because I was sick. I am feeling a lot better now, but being sick on the mission is so frustrating! Sunday was pretty awesome because we had a fireside on how the gospel of Jesus Christ blesses families. Most of the ward was there and President Salisbury spoke at it. It was a really awesome meeting and we hope that future firesides will allow for more missionary opportunities! I know that this gospel is true and I know that it does indeed bless families! I have seen it personally and it testifies of the truthfulness of this gospel. I love being here in West Virginia teaching people about this amazing restored gospel! I love you all and I cant thank you enough for all the support that you guys give me!

Not too many photos this week and I'm sorry! I will try better to take more and include me in them! Haha


Elder Barazoto
​This train literally runs through the middle of town in a small place called St. Marys

​This is a pretty awesome view from one of our investigator's property!

No comments:

Post a Comment