Wednesday, June 8, 2016

June 8, 2016

Dear Family and Friends!!

Its been a pretty insane week and I dont have a whole ton of time, but I do have a couple pictures! Hurray!! Haha. So between last week and this week we had MLC, Zone Meeting, AND transfers! Pretty nuts! So MLC was last Friday and Elder Perkins who is a General Authority was there! He made a last minute decision to come because he hasn't been to West Virginia in a while so he came! Ha! He talked to us very specifically about how we can be better missionary leaders and what our mission is doing well and can improve on! He basically took the statistics of our mission, compared them with other surrounding missions and helped us to see exactly what our focus should be! It was awesome and he is so powerful! Then on Monday we did zone meeting and that was pretty sweet too! We taught a lot about how to be powerful and faith-filled missionaries and it was so insightful! 
Then of course we have transfers this week! The news came on Saturday and Elder Maloy and I will be staying together for another transfer!! This is his last transfers and he is pretty happy that he is staying! Ha! Then something interesting occurred to me that I will spend 6 transfers (9 months) with only 2 companions! I haven't ever heard of that happening in our mission before, but I am stoked about it! I have loved them both so much! The only sad thing about this transfer is that Elder Taylor who is serving in our zone and is from Gilbert is getting transfered... He was one of my favorite missionaries to work with but the Lord needs him in other places! He is an awesome missionary!

So a highlight of this week was when we found a pretty awesome new investigator! We had seen her a couple of times walking around Buena Vista and always waved and said hi but for some reason never talked to! We finally decided to talk to her and she was very receptive and nice to us! She wants us to teach her family as well so that should be interesting! Ha! We will be teaching her tonight so we are pretty excited about that! 

Well thats pretty much it for this week! I love all of you and hope that you have an awesome week!

Elder Barazoto
This is our zone! I would be in the picture but I am taking the picture.... Im sorry Mom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment