Monday, June 20, 2016

June 20, 2016

Dear Family and Friends!

Another great week being a missionary! I am learning and growing so much, it's awesome! This week we have been able to accomplish a lot of different things! On Tuesday we picked up a new investigator, Joseph! The Sisters who are serving in Lexington referred us to him and he is great! He is an Eastern Orthodox Bishop!! We knocked on his door and he answered in a big black robe! Haha! It was awesome! He invited us right in and we got talking about religion and all kinds of different things! There isn't a very big presence of Orthodox members in the area so for now he holds church in his living room! I was very surprised to sit on his couch and be staring directly at a "temple" modeled after Solomon's Temple in the Old Testament! Ha! It was crazy! But Joseph and his family were super nice and said we could come back to teach more about the gospel! He told us that he has read the ENTIRE standard work so our next visit should be really interesting! :) I'm excited! Haha

As far as working with the YSA's, there is so much to do and so many people to see! We had a meeting with Bishop Rodrigez on Saturday and went over a ton of people for us to go see! Some of them are even returned missionaries which is super sad! If there is one thing I've learned from serving in the YSA ward is that it's far too dangerous to skip or not make church or scripture studying a priority because it can become a habit real quick! If we do those simple things, we will never fall away and never have to experience less-activity in the church! Its one of those things that terrifies me and motivates me at the same time! Ha! 

Well thats about it for this week, but I want everyone to know that I know that Heavenly Father lives and loves us! I know he answers prayers and will help us as we trust and follow Him! I know that the Book of Mormon brings joy, peace, and purpose in life, because I have personally experienced it! I know that the church is true and am SO grateful I have a sacred opportunity to teach and preach it to my brothers and sisters! I love you all and hope you have a sweet week! :)

Elder Barazoto
A snake!

He loves me!

No comments:

Post a Comment