Monday, March 28, 2016

March 28, 2016

Dear family and friends!

What an awesome week! I bet my family is so surprised they have seen me so much because members here keep posting videos on Facebook or sending pictures home! Ha! They are such great people, I love them! :)

One thing we have been trying to do recently is plan and set up different activities that we can bring non-members to. One of the activities we are calling family fun night! We did one on Monday night and it was pretty fun! We started with a spiritual thought then played some balloon volleyball! It was a way fun activity, we just need to get the people we are working with there! Ha! This was one of the things that was posted on Facebook by the way! 

One of the highlights of this week was when we went to go visit our top investigator Debbie! She really wants to be baptized, but does NOT want to be pushed into it! Haha! We had a lesson with her and she is showing a huge desire and willingness to be baptized which is so great! She told us about how she wasn't as nice or happy person before she was living the gospel, but now loves life and is so much more happy! I love that! She is so awesome and so ready for baptism! I cant wait! 

Saturday we spent a lot of the day trying a bunch of different people. Not a lot of people wanted to talk to us sadly, but then we went to go try a former investigator named Stephon! She was being taught by the missionaries and even expressed some interest in being baptized, but for some reason the missionaries stopped going by! It doesnt make any sense to me because that seems to happen way too much! Haha! She was super excited for us to come back and teach her so we are of course super excited to go back as well! Ha! So cool! 

Sunday was another super awesome day! Elder Maloy and I went to a baptism for an investigator that a companionship in our district was teaching! I actually did the interview for her baptism so it was super cool to go to! Even cooler than that was she got baptized in a river! They found a perfect spot to do it and was such an awesome experience! The water was probably freezing cold but it was an experience that I know she will never forget! The Spirit was so strong and I loved it!

Well this was honestly a great week! I am so happy doing what I am doing! Serving as a missionary does have ups and downs, but I honestly love being a missionary more than anything! The joys that come from serving the Lord full-time are unlike any other! I know that this church is true! I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God and he translated the Book of Mormon by the gift and power of God! I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Elder Barazoto



This was from the hike we went on last week! That is Elder French, our district leader! He isn't praying by the way, he is just looking at the ground. Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment