Tuesday, March 15, 2016

March 14, 2016

Dear family and friends!

Wow this has been a crazy, awesome week! Thursday was transfer day and I spent a lot of time in the car that day! Ha! We drove from Princeton, West Virginia to Roanoke, Virginia and from there a member from my new ward drove us to our church building where I met my new companion! His name is Elder Maloy and he is from Monticello, Utah! He loves sports and played baseball in high school! He and I get along really great! 

We actually live right on SVU campus so we see students all the time! Its interesting because live in the same apartment complex with 2 other sets of missionaries! Ha! It is a pretty big contrast from Galax! Ha! Also, the members here are absolutely wonderful! They are so willing to serve and do missionary work! There are also many members in this area that it feels almost like a ward back in Arizona or Utah! It is honestly so different from other places in the mission, but it such a blessing to be around so many members! I love it here! 

So Saturday, was a pretty awesome day because Elder Maloy and I went to go try and see someone who is good friends will many members and loves the missionaries! We were able to sit down and teach them a lesson and the wife was talking about the stressful day that she was having and got a little emotional about it. We testified to her of the comfort of the gospel of Jesus Christ and it was really awesome! The family hasn't been super receptive in the past, but now is seeming to open up which is so awesome! I know that the Lord is preparing people to receive His gospel, I get to see it first hand!

Well this was kind of a shorter week, but know that I love where I am and wouldn't want to be anywhere else! I love serving the Lord and can't wait to see all that is in store for me as I serve Him in Buena Vista! I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Elder Barazoto

No comments:

Post a Comment