Monday, April 4, 2016

April 4, 2016

Dear family and friends!

What a great week! So much has happened especially with general conference! :)
So Wednesday we had a pretty neat experience that happened to us! It needs a little bit of a back story, So 2 weeks ago we were on exchanges and Elder Maloy (my companion) and Elder Sievers (Another missionary in the zone) went tracking in Buena Vista! They ran into a super nice older lady who told them that she was baptist and wasnt super interested in learning more about the gospel. They asked if she needed any service done and she said no. A few days later, Elder Maloy and I get a call from a member in our ward who told us that that same lady wanted us to do some service for her! It was pretty strange because that usually NEVER happens, but we gladly did it! We planted some flowers in her front yard and she was super grateful that we helped her! Then as we were about to leave, we asked again if she wanted to her a little more about us and why we serve missions and she said yes this time! It was so awesome to literally see how service can soften hearts and prepare people for the restored gospel of Jesus Christ! So cool! 

The other highlight of the week was of course conference! I dont know if I can put my finger on exactly which talk was my favorite because I honestly felt that all the talks were directed towards me specifically! I have gotten so much more out of it because this time I had specific questions that I wanted answers to. As the general authorities spoke, either their words or the Spirit taught me what I needed to learn at that time! All my questions were answered and even some questions that I didnt know I had! It shows and testifies to me that this church really truly is His church! More importantly, that Heavenly Father lives and love each and every one of us. Jesus Christ is our Savior and because He suffered for us individually, We together can return to live with Heavenly Father and become like Him! I love the gospel so much!

I hope everyone has an awesome week! :)

Elder Barazoto

No comments:

Post a Comment