Monday, February 29, 2016

February 29, 2016

Dear Family and Friends,

Well, we have officially moved to Galax, Virginia! We spent a few day last week packing up our apartment in Hillsville and moving to Galax! It is pretty awesome that we got the entire move done in only about 2 days! The apartment that we moved into is actually pretty nice and I feel kind of bad living in it! Ha! The location is perfect though because we live right on Main Street and are pretty central to a lot of people that we are working with! This move has already been a blessing and I cant wait to see all the things that Heavenly Father has in store for us as we continue to work hard and be obedient!

This past week, we found a pretty awesome new investigator last week whose name is Michael. He recently moved from Massachusetts and is amazed at how nice the people are here. Michael and I get along pretty well because he is super into math! Ha! He has been going to school for about 14 years or so and is way smart! I really enjoyed visiting with him and recalling some of the things I learned at school back home! Hopefully we will see him progress in the gospel too! Ha!

We have also been working hard to help another one of our investigator, Lenny, progress towards baptism. We had an awesome lesson with him on Saturday and he seems to really be enjoying the gospel! He asked how he can know if these things are all true and made us give him a homework assignment so he could hold himself accountable to reading and praying! I love to see how people want to know the gospel is true! As we bear sincere testimony and promise them specific blessings, they want it to be true as well! I hope that he does his "homework assignment" because I know that if anyone reads the Book of Mormon and asks if it is true, they will know that it is indeed true! I know this independent of anyone else and hope the people that I am privileged to teach receive that answer too! 

Lots of other things happened this week, but that is just a few of the highlights! I often think about how much my mission is a blessing to me. I am so grateful for it and am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father. I have felt more frequently and more powerfully His Spirit as I have been a missionary. I KNOW that Joseph Smith was the prophet of the Restoration. I KNOW the Book of Mormon is true! We all need to study and pray so that we can all become more converted to the Lord and His Gospel. I cannot deny the things I know and hope everyone feels and experiences the comforting knowledge of the gospel too! I love you all and truly appreciate all of your love and support!

Elder Barazoto

No comments:

Post a Comment