Monday, February 8, 2016

February 8, 2016

Dear Family and Friends!

Wow it is so crazy to hear that Maddy is home! I cant even imagine what that is like! Too weird! Ha!

Most of the interesting things that happen this week were towards the end of it! Starting with last Friday, we taught a Baptist Pastor! Ha! He had approached us a while back and wanted to learn more about "Mormons" so of course we happily agreed to teach him! I honestly didn't think that it would happen, but we passed by his house the other day and decided to knock on his door and he invited us in! It was probably one of the most interesting experiences of my mission too! He asked us a lot of different questions about what we believed and we answered them. He even asked us how we knew and came to believe all the things that we taught him! He is a sincere seeker of truth and we invited him to read the Book of Mormon to find out if all we taught him is true! I don't think I was expecting it to go that well, but it was pretty cool that it did! Haha! I know that if he reads the Book of Mormon and prays and asks if it is true, he will find out that it is indeed true! It would be pretty sweet to baptize a pastor on my mission! Ha! :)

Saturday was a really great day as well, we went to go teach one of our investigators, Jessica. She is living in a house full of members right now so she has a lot of good influences which is awesome! This is the family that speaks almost only Spanish so we watched the Restoration DVD in Spanish! It still amazes me that even in a different language I can still feel the Spirit so strong and know that Joseph Smith was a prophet! She is progressing very well and hopefully will be baptized soon! I love it!

Sunday, we went to visit a part-member family that has been investigating for many years and hasn't gotten very far... The mothers main concern is that she doesn't want to leave behind her religion that she grew up in so she isn't motivated to read the Book of Mormon. As we visited with her for a few minutes, she brought up that concern and also that she is afraid that she will find out that the Book of Mormon it is true! I felt a subtle prompting to explain that being baptized is not changing faith in Christ, but enhancing or strengthening it because this is His restored church. I could tell that it was making more sense to her and it was really cool to see! I know that she will eventually accept the gospel as she reads the Book of Mormon! I am so grateful for the promptings of the Spirit and for the wonderful people that I get to serve!

This was a pretty rewarding week and I am so grateful for all the support that I have! I love you all and hope that you have a fantastic week! :)

Elder Barazoto
Can you find me?

No comments:

Post a Comment