Monday, October 26, 2015

October 26, 2015

Dear Family and Friends!

Another great week here in Hillsville, Virginia! This week went by so fast! It is so true when people say that the mission goes by fast! I dont feel like I have been out as long as I have! Thankfully I still have a lot of awesome and miraculous experiences ahead of me! :) 

So on Wednesday, we went to go and visit these 2 families that we are teaching. They have a great desire to be taught and we were able to set them on date for baptism next month! We are so excited for them and I cant wait to see them get baptized! It is going to be awesome! They have expressed interest in being sealed as a family in the temple so this is just the first step in the right direction!
 
Then on Friday we had interviews with President Salisbury which is basically just one on one time where we get to talk about different things! I have been looking forward to it for weeks and the 15 minutes we get seemed to pass it a matter of seconds! Haha it is kinda frustrating because you want to ask all these questions, but there just isn't enough time! With what time we did have though, President helped me to think about my work as a missionary and how I can improve it and become the best missionary that I can be! Mission Presidents are so awesome! They always know what to say and do!

So yesterday was pretty crazy, but also pretty awesome! Haha we brought someone from our ward out with us because we wanted to go see some Spanish families in our area and he was going to translate for us! We visited this less-active family and I did my best to communicate in Spanish with them, but I guess 2 years of high school Spanish didnt make me as fluent as I would have liked! Haha! They actually have a non-member friend who is living with them at the moment and it was awesome because he starting to talk to him about his religious background and everything and he seems pretty interested in what we were teaching! He was talking about how all the churches he went to contradicted each other and it was all so confusing! We testified of the Book of Mormon and how it helps us to understand what the Bible teaches and he said that he will read it! It was such a great experience! I finally know what it is like to try and teach someone who only speaks Spanish and wow is it difficult! Ha! Anyways I am running out of time but I know that this gospel is true and I know that it can and will bless all our lives so much! Continue to choose the right because that is where true happiness comes from! I love you all and have an amazing week! :)

Elder Barazoto

No pictures this week! Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment