Monday, October 5, 2015

October 5, 2015

Dear Family and Friends,

Wow the weeks are starting to fly by! Its seems like I was just emailing yesterday! crazy how time works in the mission field! Ha!
So this week was full of really great experiences so here are a few!

On Wednesday we went to go see a part-member family (the husband is a less active member and the wife is not a member). They have been coming to church a little bit so it was pretty evident that they were interested in the church which is awesome! We went and visited with them with our ward mission leader and taught them the restoration and the lesson was a little shaky but it didnt matter because the spirit was definitely there! After the lesson, Brittany told us that she had some questions that she had been praying about and we answered them without even knowing it! It was so cool! It wasnt a perfect lesson as far as what we taught but it was perfect because she felt the spirit testify to her that what we were saying was true and now they are progressing towards baptism! I know that the spirit is very real and it is the single most important element to this work! Without it, that lesson would not have gone the way that it did!

Thursday was a particularly special day for me because I finished the Book of Mormon again! I have grown to love the Book of Mormon so much! I know it is true and it has blessed my life so much! I have always been familiar with the scriptures but as I constantly search and study them I have grown to love them! I was never very good at reading the scriptures every night growing up, but now it is something that I look forward to! I love the Book of Mormon and every time I read it, I learn something new and it is just so enjoyable!

General Conference this weekend was so great! Being on a mission has made me cherish every spiritual nourishment I can get and boy was that a feast! Haha I learned so much, but Ill share one small thing that I learned. It was in the talk given by Sister Neill F Marriott. She taught us that if we put our trust in the Savior, it will all work out. This is such a true principle! I know that everything that happens to us is for a reason. We may not know all those reasons, but we can be assured that the reasons are heaven sent! Trust the Savior! He loves and wants what is best for all of us! I loved General Conference and I cant wait for it to come again! I love my mission and I love teaching the gospel! Thank you for all the support and love! I love you all!

Elder Barazoto

No comments:

Post a Comment