Wednesday, November 4, 2015

November 4, 2015

Dear Family and Friends!

What an awesome week here in Hillsville! Tons has happened this week and most of it has been very unexpected so get ready for some craziness! Haha so for Halloween the ward put on a trunk or treat/chili cook off and it was a blast! Members from the ward brought their homemade chili and for some reason the ward decided that the missionaries needed to be the judges for all the chili's! They had different prizes for the different chili's like the spiciest chili or the sweetest chili or beaniest chili! Ha! Some of them were insanely spicy, I was dying! Haha but it was still a lot of fun!

So this week Elder Sawyer and I have been trying to figure out different ideas that we can try to find more people to teach and we decided that a Bible study was something that people in this area would enjoy and hopefully turn into a way to get more people interested in the gospel! So we reserved a spare room in the local library and we had a Bible study last Friday! Only one person came and he was already an investigator, but thats ok! Haha we will get more people next time! We actually were able to visit with that same investigator whose name is Mark the next day and set him on date to be baptized next month! Wahoo! He said that he knows that he needs to be baptized so naturally we are super excited for him! We can't wait! :)

Sunday was a pretty awesome day too! After church our Elders quorum president came up to us and asked if he could come out with us to a few lessons. As we were talking, we decided that it would be even more effective for us to go on exchanges with the Elders quorum presidency! So I went with Brother Warr who is the 1st counselor and Elder Sawyer went with Brother Nielson who is the President! Brother Warr and I saw a few families and it was way awesome teaching with him! He hasnt been home from his mission long so it was almost like teaching with a returned missionary! He definitely taught me a lot and I am grateful for that!

Alright so since this week is transfers week, here comes the transfer news... Elder Sawyer is leaving... It was a blast working with him but now it is time for someone new to come to Hillsville! I actually got a call from President Salisbury on Monday and he informed me that I will be getting a brand new missionary! Crazy responsibility, but I know that the Lord will help me as I continue to work hard and stay obedient! I love this gospel and I love my Savior! I miss all of you very much but I also enjoy missionary work very much! There is nowhere that I would rather be! I love you all and have a great week!

Elder Barazoto

Sorry for not taking very many pictures this week! I will have a bunch next week, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment