Sunday, July 5, 2015

June 24, 2015

Family and Friends!

Time in the MTC is probably the weirdest thing I have ever experienced! Ha! I feel like I've been here forever but its only been a week! So my companion is Elder Stephens and he is from Fairview, Utah. He is seriously so funny and can quote movies like you wouldn't believe haha. 

When I arrived on Wednesday, it was very strange introducing myself as Elder Barazoto but I think that I am used to it now. The food here is ok, nothing can compare to mom's cooking so be sure to cherish how good mom is at cooking! I have learned soooooo much here. My teachers are amazing. They understand the gospel so well and know exactly how to teach it! They will show how to teach and what to make sure to include when teaching and as soon as you get caught up in trying to just spit all these words at the investigator, they always remind us that the spirit is the real teacher and words mean nothing as long as the spirit it there when you teach. Teaching is hard so everyone planning to go on a mission, study the Book of Mormon, and study Preach my Gospel. You probably hear that all the time, but it is absolutely true. Understanding the Book of Mormon and the role it has in conversion is crucial for any investigator to gain a testimony of this gospel. As the key stone of our religion, it has everything needed to grow closer to Christ. Trust me when I say that studying the Book of Mormon and Preach my Gospel is the best thing you can do for yourself and also your future investigators. I want everyone to know how amazing this gospel is. I have felt the spirit so much while being here at the MTC and I can testify that the spirit and recognizing the spirit has helped me so much while I've been here. Strive to have the spirit more in your life and I promise that you will be happier. Its more present in my life and I am so happy here. The MTC is hard and the days are long, but the rewards of being more in tune with the spirit is worth it. 

I love you all and I hope to hear more from you all soon! :)

Love Elder Barazoto

No comments:

Post a Comment