Monday, April 17, 2017

April 17, 2017

Hello everyone! This week was pretty amazing! I think I've probably said this like a million times but Marietta, Ohio has got to be one of the most fruitful places in this mission! We just had 2 baptisms a couple weeks ago and the husband of one of our converts is wanting to learn as well! At this point, I am pretty satisfied with all the blessings God has given us. I don't know what we did to deserve all these blessings and miracles but this week we saw again how God is preparing even more people in this area to hear the restored gospel! So last Monday night we went to contact a referral in our area. We had been tried to meet with her for a while now and weren't able to catch her home but we decided to go try and see her at a different time of the day and she was home! That was pretty cool by itself but then she tells us her story... She's had a bit of a rough past dealing with certain trials in her life but was trying to find the right church for her to go to. She has a LDS friend in another part of the state that invited her to church a while ago and when she went she felt a peace that she hasn't felt in any other church before and she loved it!!! People who are or have been missionaries will understand that when a person says something like that you're like about ready to pee your pants your so excited haha so basically she came to church yesterday with her three kids and she is just amazingly golden! I just love being a missionary!! Experiences like that just make it hard to not love being a missionary.

Easter was really great as well! We did a whole Easter program in sacrament meeting and Elder Garrett and I did a lot of singing for that which I think we both enjoyed. We had a bunch of investigators there too so that was also amazing. One song we sang was Where Can I Turn for Peace and for some reason it really struck me. I thought about the blessing of our Savior, Jesus Christ and what He can do for us. I am eternally grateful for the peace that the Savior brings into our lives especially this Easter season. The Church always does these amazing initiatives for Christmas and Easter and the one they did for this Easter was probably one of my favorites. If you haven't taken the opportunity to watch it yet, do it! Ha! Its all about finding peace through Christ and its amazing. 

Well I love ya'll very much and I hope everyone is happy and healthy! Please do all you can to represent yourself and the Savior well every day this week! :)

Elder Barazoto

No comments:

Post a Comment