Monday, February 13, 2017

February 13, 2017

Hello Everyone! Well this week was transfer week so its a bit of a shorter week, but there was still some great things that happened! So Thursday was of course transfer day and our district didn't change very much at all. The only new missionary in the district is Elder Clark who was actually my last companion! He came from Clarksburg so that was really great getting to catch up with him. Everyone is Clarksburg seems to be doing great!

On Sunday we had 6 non-members at church! It was awesome! In the gospel principles class there were a total of 4 families or soon to be families there! We are working with each family and hopefully we will see some success with them very soon! We are pretty optimistic about it too. Elder Harris and I both think that there will be some baptism coming soon! We are stoked! 

We had a pretty neat experience with our ward mission leader actually this week as well. Every week we have a coordination meeting with the ward mission leader. We were talking about all the people and families we are working with and he shared an experience from his mission that had a significant impact on me this week. He told us about a scripture in the Book of Mormon, 3 Nephi 18:20 and also D&C 82:10. He told us that when we ask in faith for things that are right, God has no reason to not bless us with those things. Of course God has a plan for each of us and we may not receive all the things we ask for, but that does not mean that we shouldn't ask Him for things! I think we can sometimes be afraid to ask God for certain blessings but the reality is God WANTS to bless us. But some blessings He will not give us unless we ask Him in faith believing that we will receive. That lesson I hope is useful to someone this week because I know it was sure helpful to me! 

I know that God loves us all and wants happiness for all His children! I know that this is God's work and this is where God needs me to be! I am loving my mission and loving all the experiences! And I of course love all of you! Have a great week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment