Monday, January 23, 2017

January 23, 2017

Hello everyone! So this week we saw a couple of changes! Last Monday literally right after we finished emailing and we were walking away from the library, we talked to the Assistants on the phone and they told that Elder Furrows is going to be leaving Thursday to go be with another missionary whose companion went home unexpectedly. So Thursday morning we drove down to Charleston and dropped off Elder Furrows! So now its just me and Elder Harris! Its different, but life goes on and Heavenly Fathers plan for us may be confusing but it certainly is perfect! 

This week we were able to teach a bunch of great people! Actually we have taught more people this week than I have in a long time which is super great! On Monday night we got a media referral who requested a Book of Mormon be brought to her. So Tuesday we made plans to go see her! We knew it was a ways out there, but we didn't realize it was like an hour away ha! But she is really great and we will be seeing her again tomorrow! She seems like she has real intent to learn and understand more, so we are excited to see where things go with her and her family! 

We also had a pretty great exchange this week with the Elders in our district! me and Elder Jolley worked the day in Marietta and it was way fun! I have only been in Marietta for about 3 or so weeks and although I served in Williamstown before, I dont know hardly anything about Marietta so being the person who was supposed to know the area on that exchange was kinda funny! We only got lost once so I count that as a miracle :) ha! We just did a bunch of tracting because I didn't have any idea where anyone lived! It was totally okay though because we found a sweet family to teach this weekend and we ran into an inactive member who we didn't know about! She is a really nice lady whose daughter and son-in-law we are currently teaching! Nothing happens by chance! We are excited to start visiting her more regularly and hopefully she will come back to church!

At our dinner appointment that night, the members who are just amazing missionaries invited some of their friends over for dinner! We had no idea that they would be there, but it was cool that they did that! I love seeing members doing there best to be an example to their friends! 

Well thats about it for this week! I love you all very much and I am sincerely grateful for all your love and support! I know I wouldn't be here without all of you! Love ya!

Elder Barazoto

No comments:

Post a Comment