Monday, September 5, 2016

September 5, 2016

Hey Everyone!

Pretty great week! We keep seeing miracles happen all the time and people accepting the invitations to be baptized, and I love it so much! We are currently working with a family in the ward who comes to church fairly regularly and they have a 9 year old son that wants to be baptized! We were talking to them the other day and found out he was nine and in order for him to get baptized he would need to take the missionary lessons! His dad was a little confused about it, but we explained how it's no different from any other baptism! Its kind of funny because a scenario very similar to this happened just a few weeks ago in Buena Vista! We are super excited for another baptism though! :)

So this week in Clarksburg there was a huge Italian festival to celebrate Italian Heritage! I wanted to go SO badly, but it was out of our area... We did drive through it though and it was crazy! There were tons of people and Italians! I was super awesome! Plus, I finally was able to teach a fellow Italian!! It was so great! Haha! We were on an exchange with the Clarksburg downtown bike elders when I met him and his name is Angelo Finitari! Super Italian right?! Ha! He is actually a returning member and he has been coming to church really regularly and he is just so solid! We are working on helping him go to the temple so he can get sealed to his family! 
All the ward members here are kind of funny when they ask me about the origins of my name. They get all excited for me to teach all the Italians here! Ha! I think they are expecting me to be extra successful because of it! Ha! It fun, I love it here! The people are really great and really promising! :) 

Well that's mostly it for this week! I am loving Clarksburg and Elder Palmer and I are getting along super well! Hes got to be one of the funniest companions I have had! We work super hard and we have fun while we do it! I have definitely seen the blessings of hard work on my mission and I love seeing the blessings of being a missionary! I absolutely know this church is true because of my testimony of the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith! I know that we are all engaged in this important work to bring our brothers and sisters back to a knowledge of the truth! 

Love you all and I hope you have an awesome week! :)

Elder Barazoto

No comments:

Post a Comment