Wednesday, August 24, 2016

August 24, 2016

Hello everyone! Another crazy week in Buena Vista! Mostly because I had to tell everyone that I am getting transfered... :( Its pretty sad, I have LOVED serving in Buena Vista and I have grown so much from the experiences I have had here! Tomorrow morning I will wake up at around 3 a.m. so I can be in Charleston, WV for the transfer meeting! Then they will ship me to my new area, Clarksburg, West Virginia! Its near the top of West Virginia pretty close to Pennsylvania and Maryland. This has been the hardest area to leave, but there will be some pretty neat experiences in Clarksburg I am excited for! :) 

So we have been saying a lot of goodbyes, but we still have been able to accomplish so much! Saturday was awesome because we had a baptism! Asa John was baptized, confirmed, and ordained a deacon all in about 2 hours! Ha! It was really cool and I am super happy for him! Then on Sunday we had an awesome turn out! A bunch of the families we are working with came to church! It was awesome and it was a really rewarding last Sunday in Buena Vista! 

Yesterday was probably the best day of the week though! Brittney who we have been working with for a while now came to a church tour!!! It has been pretty hard helping her come to church so the fact that she came to look around the church yesterday was a HUGE step! It was a really awesome experience and the Spirit was really strong! She hopefully will now feel much more comfortable with coming to church on Sunday! It may not seem like a big deal, but the progress she has made from when Elder Maloy and I first started teaching her is amazing! I feel that the most amazing thing about missionary work is seeing that progress in people! It adds another witness to me that this is the true church on the earth because I know that with my lack of abilities and talents, there is no way I could have helped these people live happier lives if this wasn't God's divine work! I know this work is true!

Sorry for the shorter email, but I have a bunch of pictures this week! :)

Elder Barazoto

This is my Ward Mission Leader Brother Turman!

This is the Stake President and his family! We do a lot of work with him as a zone leader!

Kenny, one of our awesome investigators! He is hilarious! Ha!

This is Buck and Sue! Buck played minor league baseball in Idaho and is good friends with Charlie Manuel! They are awesome!

Randy, another awesome investigator!

This is a member family, the Grawrocks! They are one of my favorites!

The Porters, are a newer married couple in the middle and on the far left is a recent convert who they fellowshipped and I even helped teach! I have mentioned her story before, they are awesome!


The Garrets! A family that we are working with! They are really fun!

Brittney and her 2 kids (Far right) at the church tour yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment