Monday, August 1, 2016

August 1, 2016

Happy P-day everyone! So this has been a really awesome week! We've been able to see so many little miracles in the work, and I love it! So this week, some of our investigators have been having a hard time, but we are working really hard with them and trying to help them feel the gospel is true! Its hard work, but seeing people accept the gospel is totally worth every effort! We also were able to have some really fun exchanges with some of the Elders in our zone which are always a blast! 

One pretty interesting thing this week was when we found out that someone we taught here in Buena Vista is getting baptized! Except she lives in Staunton, Virginia which is out of the mission boundaries so she's getting baptized there this Saturday! I've mentioned her before a couple weeks ago, but she is totally on fire now! She was considering moving to Buena Vista and she was introduced to the church by members in BV so we taught her for a little bit, but she decided to get baptized in Staunton which is ok because all that matters is that she's getting baptized! It's super awesome to see her progress and she is SO excited! 

Another pretty awesome experience this week was actually during my studies. I had decided that I wanted a stronger testimony of how the Book of Mormon can bring peace to us. So I dedicated as much time as I could during my personal studies to just reading the Book of Mormon and applying everything to my life and evaluating how it brought a peaceful feeling. Over the course of the week, I truly felt the presence of the Holy Ghost bring peace and comfort to myself! It was really amazing and is now one part of my testimony of the Book of Mormon that I treasure! I always knew it was true and had a testimony of its truthfulness, but now my testimony is that much stronger! I can humbly testify that I know the Book of Mormon is true AND DOES bring us peace, joy and comfort as we read and study it. I can promise that anyone who reads and ponders the message of the Book of Mormon will feel of our Heavenly Father's love and desire to come closer to our Savior, Jesus Christ! I am so grateful for the gospel and I am grateful for a Heavenly Father loves us despite all our weaknesses! I love my mission and it has helped me to come to know these things! Its the best!

Well I hope everyone is doing well and hope you all have a great week! Love you all!

Elder Barazoto
​Me and Elder Christensen!

​This is Summer who is getting baptized in Staunton this Saturday! Hurray!

No comments:

Post a Comment