Monday, November 9, 2015

November 9, 2015

Dear Family and Friends! 

Wow! What an amazing week! So much to talk about! So Thursday was transfers and we woke up pretty early so that we could be in Charleston on time for the transfer meeting. We drove to this place in West Virginia called Princeton where 2 seventeen passenger vans and a big Uhaul truck picked us up to take us up to Charleston! Its called the "Transfer Train" and it was such a blast! There were so many missionaries on the train, there was never a dull moment on the trip to Charleston! Ha! When we got to Charleston I got to see so many missionaries that I knew it felt like a family reunion or something! It was a lot of fun! So my new companion is Elder Larson and he is from Eagle Mountain, Utah! He is a really awesome missionary and we work very well together! When we got home we unpacked a little and went straight to work. Unfortunately all our plans fell through, which happens way too often in missionary work haha but we were still able to teach a part member family which went very well! The non-member husband has not seemed very interested in the past, but he was totally engaged and he accepted the invitation to take the discussions! So awesome! 

We were able to teach a lot of people this week and it was such a blessing! We went to see one of our top investigators and he is doing really awesome! He has been committed to baptism on December 5th and he is getting more and more excited for it! I cant wait to be able to see him partake of baptism and see all of the amazing blessings that will come to him as he becomes apart of this amazing gospel!

So yesterday was probably the most interesting day of the week ha! At church, one of our investigator's sons was sitting next to me. He was being kinda loud and disruptive but that is to be expected of a 6 year old haha. He was going through my scripture case and found my scripture markers and he got so excited because he thought they were crayons! He took them out and started to color the program for the rest of sacrament meeting and by the end, the whole program was basically covered in colors and my scripture markers were basically ruined! Haha! It was pretty fun and I wish that I could have gotten a picture because it was a real piece of art! Haha

After church we were able to go and visit a family in the ward that has an investigator living with them. It was probably one of the most spiritual experiences of my mission. So most of the family doesn't speak English so we brought the elders quorum president to translate for us. When we first got there, it was really loud and noisy and I was thinking that this just isn't going to work out but I knew that we need to stay and teach this lesson to this family! As soon as we said the opening prayer, everyone quieted down and we were able to teach without any distractions! It was awesome! But that isn't even the coolest part! So we were teaching the Restoration and when we taught the First Vision in English, the Spirit filled the whole room and it was awesome! Then Brother Nielson, the elders quorum president, translated for us and when he recited the First Vision in Spanish, I felt the Spirit even stronger! It was an amazing lesson and I know that everyone there felt what I felt! It reaffirmed to me the truthfulness of this gospel and the things we teach! I know that Joseph Smith saw God the Father and Jesus Christ! I know that he restored the priesthood to the earth and I know that he translated the Book of Mormon and it IS the word of God! I know these things of myself and I want everyone else to feel of the peace, comfort, and joy that comes from knowing these things too! I love my mission so much! 

I love you all very much and have a great week!

Elder Barazoto
Family tree

Family tree part 2

Elder Larson and I

No comments:

Post a Comment