Tuesday, June 6, 2017

June 5, 2017

Oh my goodness Elder Garrett and I had such a great week!! So Tuesday we had an appointment to go teach a potential investigator and when we got there, she wasn't home... That seems to be a common occurrence in missionary work unfortunately but luckily while we were there we met and started talking with the potential investigator's friend who ended up being really interesting in finding a church to go to!! We weren't talking to her very long when the original potential investigator showed up and a THIRD friend with her! So before we knew it, we were teaching three very interested people! Haha it was crazy! By the end of the lesson, they were all pumped to come to church! I am really grateful for miracles like that. I know that God manifests miracles in our life when we show Him our faith and a sincere desire to further his great work. These new investigators are pretty golden from what we can see!

Another miracle we saw was after church on Sunday. We had our usual lesson with one of the families we are working with and I don't think I ever could have been prepared for the result of that lesson. The Spirit was thick! So yesterday was Fast Sunday and I was actually fasting for this specific investigator because he was struggling with the Word of Wisdom. He had to have been living the Word of Wisdom like last week in order for him to get baptized before I leave this area. At church yesterday when we asked him how we was doing he said he has been living the Word of Wisdom completely for four days already!! It was a miracle because he has been trying so hard to quit but wasn't able to until randomly he just put his addiction down last week!! I knew the Lord had answered my prayers because I REALLY wanted to be there for his baptism, but it gets even better than that... He mostly was just doing it because he knew it would be good for his family, not to get baptized or anything. In fact was pretty skeptical about getting baptized just yet. In our lesson we asked him what his concerns were and the Spirit just totally softened his heart. He recognized that he knew baptism was a good thing and that if he didn't get baptized right now, he would just keep putting it off forever. We asked him and he committed to be baptized on June 14th!!! ANOTHER miracle!! I don't know what is going in this area but God really wants these people to get baptized! Ha! We are planning to baptize another investigator that day too. There is no way Elder Garrett and I could have just convinced these people to get baptized. God is real and His Spirit is truly does testify that this church is the only true church upon the face of the earth. I absolutely know it! 

So basically we are going to be super busy planning for these investigators baptism but I wouldn't have it any other way. Love you all!! :)

Elder Barazoto

No comments:

Post a Comment