Monday, May 8, 2017

May 8, 2017

Sundays as a missionary never seem to fail you! We saw some pretty neat miracles yesterday that always make me so excited about the work! Instead of regular church we actually had a broadcast from Salt Lake City! There were talks given by Elder Perkins of the Seventy (who I've actually met), Elder Gong of the Presidency of the Seventy, and Elder Dallin H Oaks! It was a special broadcast for this area of the the church and it was really awesome! I just hope our investigators really recognized how cool it was to hear from all of them! Haha :) 
So funny story time... The broadcast was supposed to go to every ward building, but for some reason the broadcast wasn't working in our building... So Saturday night the bishop called us and told us that we would have to drive to Parkersburg. WV to watch the broadcast. So Sunday morning we drive to Parkersburg and there is a former Elder who served in Parkersburg visiting the ward and I knew him! He went home like a year and a half ago so I knew him when I served In Williamstown at the very beginning of my mission. Its crazy to think how small the world can be, especially on your mission! You know your an old missionary when you remember people who served in your mission almost 2 years ago! 

Elder Garrett and I are doing really well and seeing lots of miracles! After church on Sunday we were walking around in a neighborhood in Marietta when this drunk guy stops us and starts demanding answers to his questions like why do bad things happen to good people? We were trying to answer his questions in a respectful manner but he just wasn't having any of it so we had to raise our voices a little and boldly testified what we know to be true. It was pretty cool and we felt probably similar to what Elder Holland feels like after a talk in General Conference, it was really cool. Hahaha the guy then asked us to come by again when hes sober to teach him! Being bold sometimes really pays off! Haha I love my mission!

Well that's mostly it for this week, I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Elder Barazoto

No comments:

Post a Comment