Thursday, March 23, 2017

March 22, 2017

Wow its been a crazy week! So much has happened and I hope I can remember everything! We are swamped with a TON of things to do today so I wont have much time to write! So to start, we are having a baptism today!! So originally Brother Nolans baptism was supposed to be held Friday but we found out that Elder Harris is getting transferred... So we're moved his baptism to today but more on that later! Saturday was the day we found out about Elder Harris so a bunch of this week has been us just making a million phone calls getting everything ready to go for today because Brother Nolan really wanted Elder Harris to be able to be there! I know I probably couldn't have been this organized and composed about making all the changes and phone calls before my mission and this week I had a realization about how much I've grown and become a planner and not a procrastinator so that was really cool. But anyways, we are stoked about him today! To put into perspective how elect/golden/prepared Brother Nolan is, with all the changes we had to make, we had to interview him earlier than expected but the zone leaders in Charleston couldn't make the hour and a half drive to Marietta to do it. We were way bummed and thought we would have to postpone his baptism for a couple weeks but he was like "the only thing keeping me from getting baptized is an hour and a half drive? I'll do that in a heartbeat!" So yesterday morning he drove all the way down to Charleston to get interviewed!! He is got to be the most prepared and determined investigator I've ever met!

So yeah this is transfer week and Elder Harris is leaving tomorrow... He was such a bomb companion and Im gunna miss him a lot! President Salisbury actually called us on Monday and told me that I'll be training a brand new missionary! I'm pretty excited for that. It will be great to have someone so focused on the work that will help me really forget myself. I'm not sure what his name is quite yet but ill find out tomorrow!

Oh yeah so we are also having a baptismal service this Saturday for two of our other investigators!! Everything is really coming together in this area and I'm just so happy about it! :) We had a lesson with them yesterday and they are both really excited about it! Next Monday I will have pictures from both of these great baptismal services! :)

Well I love you all very much! I love my mission and I am learning so many wonderful things! My mission is something that has helped me tremendously! I don't know what I would be without my mission! Have a great week! :)

Elder Barazoto

No comments:

Post a Comment