Wednesday, December 28, 2016

December 28, 2016

Awesome week! Most of the news this week is what is happening for transfers, it's pretty crazy and I was not expecting what is going to happen!! So President Salisbury called me Monday and released me as a zone leader. I was reflecting on my experience serving in this capacity and it has been such a huge blessing to me. I feel so privileged that God, the creator of the entire universe, has entrusted me with the sacred responsibility to look after a few of His missionaries! What a blessing! So after that, President then asked me to serve as a district leader again!! I was pretty excited because I didn't think I would ever get to be a district leader again! With the knowledge that I have gained since the last time I was a district leader, it makes me really excited to continue to serve other missionaries, but on a more personal level! YAY! :)

All this was pretty great news, but it doesn't even end there! My new area is going to be Marietta, Ohio!! No one probably remembers this, but my very first area on my mission was Williamstown, WV and Williamstown is literally right next to Marietta! So I am going back to the first ward I have ever served in on my mission! I am so stoked! My time in Williamstown honestly feels like 1000 years ago so I am really excited to serve there again as a much more experienced missionary! Also, another pretty crazy thing is I will be in a tri-panionship!! And one of the missionaries I am going with is someone I served around in Buena Vista!! Most of this is probably seems pretty insignificant to everyone, but it all just makes me super happy :)

Well, I am super sad to leave Clarksburg and Elder Clark, but I know that God has work for me to do in Marietta and I am just super excited to bring people to the joyous truths of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I love testifying of the Book of Mormon as convincing evidence of this Restoration. For me, it has impacted me in amazing ways. When I read it, I feel the Holy Ghost inspiring me to be a better person and also missionary. Every time I read the Book of Mormon I KNOW that it is much more than just a book. It is the word of God and it testifies to us all that God loves us more than we can comprehend and He will always guide us to greater joy and happiness if we follow Him and His chosen prophets. The church is just so true and good :) I hope everyone had a great Christmas and have a great new year! I love you all very much! Be good! :)

Elder Barazoto




No comments:

Post a Comment